Official Rules for LaineyGossip.com’s
“Annual Red Carpet Contest 2017”
Updated February 19th, 2017 7:01pm ET
1. THE CONTEST: The contest is being sponsored by LaineyGossip Entertainment Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Sponsor”) No purchase necessary. The Annual Red Carpet Contest 2017 (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00 AM (EDT) on February 20, 2017 and closes at 11:59 PM (EDT) on February 25, 2017 hereafter referred to as the “Contest Period”). The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in the province/territory they live in as of the start of the Contest Period, except employees of the Sponsor and prize providers, their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent or related companies, its advertising or promotional agencies, or persons living in the same household as such employees, are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
2. THE PRIZE: Grand Prize - There is one (1) Prize consisting of a designer bag selected by Lainey, with a value of $2000CAD, a supply of Clairol Natural Instincts (“Prize Provider”) colour treatments, a Skype or email colour consultation with James Corbett (Clairol Colour Director) and a $100 credit gift card courtesy Clairol Natural Instincts ($300CAD), and a complete skin treatment suite courtesy SkinCeuticals ($300CAD) (“Prize Provider”). Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein. The odds of winning depend on the total number of entries received and the accuracy of the entrant’s ballot, as described in (3).
3. HOW TO ENTER: There is one way to enter the contest. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest online, visit www.laineygossip.com/contest/RedCarpet and follow the instructions to complete the Contest Ballot during the Contest Period. Once submitted, the entry ballot cannot be modified. Requests to delete ballots for the purpose of re-submission will not be honoured. Limit of one (1) entry per person/email address, per Contest Period. Entries will automatically be rejected if the entry form is not fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period. Use of any automated system to enter or other manipulation of contest entry procedures is prohibited and will result in the suspected ballot being excluded from contest eligibility solely at the Sponsors discretion.
4. HOW TO WIN: To win, entrants must meet all eligibility criteria listed herein and will have complied with the official contest rules. The winner will be the entrant who correctly predicts the greatest number of Academy Award™ winners as listed on the entry ballot and revealed at the Academy Awards ceremony on February 26th, 2017. The contest and availability of the prize is, therefore, contingent the completion of the Academy Awards ceremony itself. No prizes will be available should the event not occur for any reason.
In the event of a tie, the winner will be the eligible entrant with the most correct responses who submitted their entry earlier than the individual(s) with whom they are tied. The potential prize winner will be notified by email/phone and will be required to provide their mailing address and answer correctly a mathematical skill-testing question within ten (10) business days of notification. If the selected winner cannot be contacted by email/phone, he/she will forfeit their prize and an alternate winner will be selected. The alternate winner will be the person with the next most correct selections (as described above) who meets all eligibility criteria. Decisions of the Sponsor will be final.
The Sponsor and Prize Provider and their affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website and assumes no liability for damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer resulting from participating in the contest. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the email address at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, garbled, mutilated, or incomplete entries.
5. GENERAL: The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. By entering the contest, participants agree to be bound by these official rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final with respect to all matters relating to the contest. No responsibility is claimed by the Sponsor or Prize Provider for any loss, injury, or damage to property resulting directly or indirectly from participation in the contest and/or items obtained in the contest, including the loss of or damage to items during the shipping process.
6. CONSENT AND CONDITIONS: All entries become the property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. By completing the entry ballot, all entrants consent to the collection, use and distribution of their personal information by the Sponsor for the purposes of running the Contest (information is stored for approximately one year). Each entrant will have the opportunity to consent to receive information by email from the Prize Providers. Before being awarded a Prize, a potential winner, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsors, a full release and indemnity form in the Contest Sponsors’ form stating, among other things, that he/she has read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required by the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and/or otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice and all other indicia of personality, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news and/or for entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the applicable Prize, accepts the applicable Prize as offered and releases the Contest Sponsors and Prize Provider from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Contest and receipt and/or use of the applicable Prize. In the event that a potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Contest Sponsors shall have the right to disqualify such potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Contest Sponsors shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until the qualified Prize winners have been duly selected, but in any event, no later than March 31st, 2017.
This contest is subject to all applicable federal and provincial laws. Subject to the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in the Province of Quebec, Sponsor reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, or suspend all or any part of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice. Personal information collected from entrants will be used by Contest Sponsors for the purpose of administering this Contest and, if consent is given at the time of entry, to provide the entrants with marketing information relating to new and existing products and upcoming promotions of by mail or e-mail. Entrants are able to opt-in with respect to receiving such marketing information online. The Contest Sponsors will not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information of entrants with third parties, other than to third parties engaged by them to fulfill the above purposes or as permitted or required by law.
For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Quebec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
7. If, for any reason, this Contest is not capable of being completed as planned, including but not limited to, computer virus, bugs, tampering, technical failures, cancellation or indefinite postponement of the Academy Award™ show and associated winner announcements in each category or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
8. The terms of this contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.