skinnygrape’s “You, Me, and the Skinny on Hollywood” Contest Rules (the “Contest Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to Canadian residents only. Quebec residents not eligible (sorry!). See Section 4 below for full eligibility details.
1. HOW TO ENTER: skinnygrape’s “You, Me, and the Skinny on Hollywood” Contest (the "Contest") opens at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on August 15, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 16, 2012 (the "Contest Period"). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 16, 2012. To enter for a chance to win visit www.laineygossip.com/contest/skinnygrape (the “Contest website”) at any time during the Contest Period and complete the online entry form with all required information, including your age and province to validate legal drinking age, followed by your first name, last name, and email address after entering the contest form. Entries must include all the required information or they will not be eligible. (“Sponsor”), Lainey Gossip Entertainment Inc. (“LaineyGossip”) and their agents are not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entries which may limit a person’s ability to enter the Contest. Proof of sending an entry is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Limit one (1) entry per person per day regardless of the email address of an entry or the number of email addresses that individual may have. All entries from any individual submitting or attempting to submit additional entries are void. Use of mechanical assistance, form filling software or robotic assistance is prohibited. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. PRIZE: There is one (1) prize available to be won (the “Prize”), with an approximate value of $5,000 Canadian based on a cross-country departure.
The Prize is a trip for two (2) (the declared winner and a guest) to Toronto (or Vancouver if winner chooses) in September/October 2012 (or as otherwise coordinated between the declared winner, LaineyGossip, and skinnygrape), and consists of:
- Round trip, economy coach airfare for two (2) persons from the major commercial airport closest to the declared winner’s home, as determined by the Sponsor, to Toronto, Ontario or Vancouver, BC (if the declared winner’s residence is within 200 kilometres of the chosen city, ground transportation from the declared winner’s home to the chosen destination will be provided instead of airfare. Any difference in value will not be provided.)
- Two (2) nights hotel accommodation in one hotel room at a downtown Toronto/Vancouver hotel of Sponsor’s choosing
- Wine tasting and dinner with Elaine “Lainey” Lui and (if available) the winemaker of skinnygrape Wine
- Gift basket of product from skinnygrape
A valid major credit card may be required by either the declared winner or his or her guest for hotel check-in and incidentals. The Prize must be used on the dates in September/October 2012 specified by the Sponsors. If the selected entrant and his/her guest are not available during the specified dates they will be deemed to have forfeited any rights to the prize and a back-up entrant may be selected in the same manner by random draw taken from the same pool of entries. Exact dates and times are subject to flight and hotel availability. Absolutely no changes to travel dates or passenger names are permitted once the booking has been made and the declared winner has submitted the name of his/her guest and all related booking information.
NOTE: Declared winner and his/her guest shall be responsible for all travel and medical insurance, ground transportation, transfers to and from the airport and the declared winner’s residence (see below), gratuities, meals, beverages (including alcoholic beverages), in-flight meals and entertainment, upgrades, items of a personal nature or any optional tours or sightseeing, applicable taxes (including departure taxes, airport improvement taxes), fuel surcharges, transfers not listed in the Prize description, incidentals and any and all other expenses not specified in the description of the Prize. The Sponsors recommend that the declared winner and his/her guest obtain medical, accident and baggage insurance. Declared winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary and depart from the same location. Declared winner and guest are responsible for ensuring that all travel papers (passports, visas, identification, etc.) are in good order and are valid prior to and for the entire duration of the Prize trip. Prize is subject to space availability and any terms and conditions imposed by the relevant hotel and airline.
The Prize may not be exchanged for cash, is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-saleable, and must be accepted as awarded. At its sole election and for any or no reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of the Prize with a prize of equivalent or greater retail value. All costs and incidental expenses relating to and associated with the Prize which are not explicitly included as part of the prize shall be the responsibility of the winner and his/her guest.
Chances of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
3. SELECTION OF PRIZE WINNER: Potential Contest winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about September 16, 2012 at LaineyGossip, Vancouver, British Columbia, from all eligible entries submitted during the Contest Period. Selection of the potential winner and all decisions by Sponsor and Lainey Gossip in respect of all matters relating to the Contest will be final and binding on all Contest entrants. Reasonable attempts will be made to notify the selected entrant by email and/or phone as set out on the entry form. In order to be confirmed as a prize winner, selected entrant will be required to (a) correctly answer an mathematical skill testing question; (b) sign and return an unmodified Declaration of Eligibility, Publication and Liability / Publicity Release within the time specified on the correspondence (the “Response Time”); and (c) otherwise comply with the Contest Rules. If notification is returned as undeliverable, selected entrant cannot be contacted within 10 days of the draw date, or if selected entrant fails to return all of the required documentation within the Response Time, or otherwise does not comply with the Contest Rules, including correctly answering the skill-testing question, he/she will be disqualified, and an alternate entry may be selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor for that prize, in accordance with the Contest Rules. The potential winner’s chosen guest will also be required to sign a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release in order to participate in the Prize; the potential winner’s chosen guest must have reached legal drinking age in their province of residence and that of the destination province. Non-winning entries and disqualified entrants will not receive any Prize or other award or compensation.
4. ELIGIBILITY AND CONDITIONS: The Contest is open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), who are legal drinking age in his/her Province as of the date of entry. Employees, representatives and agents of Sponsor, Lainey Gossip and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, agents, prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies involved with this Contest and Contest judges, and the immediate family members (parents, sisters, brothers, children, husband and wife) of and persons domiciled with any of the foregoing, are not eligible to enter or win. This Contest is void outside of Canada and where prohibited by law.
The entrant is the individual whose name appears on the entry form. Only one (1) entrant’s name may appear on the entry form. In the event of a dispute, if the name of the entrant on the entry form is not the same as the authorized account holder of the email address provided at the time of entry, the entry will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder. The "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person (an individual) who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Contest entry shall be void if the authorized account holder cannot be determined or the email address does not belong to a natural person.
5. GENERAL: No correspondence regarding entries will be entered into with entrants, except as provided in the Contest Rules. By entering the Contest, entrant agrees that neither Sponsor nor LaineyGossip shall be held responsible and that entrant have no right to bring (and covenants and agrees not to bring) any claim, action, or proceeding of any kind or nature whatsoever against Sponsor, LaineyGossip and/or their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective agents, employees, directors, officers, shareholders, successors and assigns (collectively "Releasees") in connection with this Contest. By entering and/or accepting the prize, entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules and the Sponsor’s and LaineyGossip’s decisions and to release all Releasees from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Contest or the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of their Prize or participation in any related activities.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, or suspend all or any part of this Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice.
Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who (i) tampers with, or attempts to tamper with, the entry process; or (ii) violates any of the Contest Rules.
The winner’s name (typically first name, last initial) will be published on www.laineygossip.com within a week of validation of eligibility (as described Section (3) above) being completed and the selected entrant being confirmed as the winner.
6. INTERNET: Sponsor and LaineyGossip assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor, Lainey Gossip and/or their agents are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer and other property relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest or from downloading any materials in the Contest.
CAUTION: Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages or other remedies from any such person(s) to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7. PRIVACY / PERSONAL INFORMATION: By entering the Contest, each entrant consents to the collection, use, and disclosure, by Sponsor and LaineyGossip, of his or her personal information for (i) the administration of the Contest, including contacting selected entrants and delivery of Prizes; (ii) market and consumer research purposes and sending information and marketing materials if indicated by the entrant on the submission form (solicitation option is checked by default); and (iii) any purpose permitted by law. Neither Sponsor nor LaineyGossip will share your entrant’s personal information with a third party without entrant’s consent.
Winner of the Contest will be required to grant LaineyGossip the right to use their name for publicity and promotion purposes without territorial, time or use limitations, including without limitation online announcements, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.