November 5, 2009 06:13:28 Posted at November 5, 2009 06:13:28
- Don Draper has set our loins afire
- Hamm’s clean cut good looks appeal to the MiniVan, his friendly image makes him a safe, controversy-free, popular choice and despite his hunky status he maintains a longterm relationship, is not known to be a philanderer or a player
- Mad Men has been recognised by both fans and critics while still holding on to its street cred and will be just concluding its season when the SMA is announced. Great timing.
- Hamm has built on the exposure of the show and is slowly extending his reach into film
- Jon Hamm’s john ham. He’s hilarious.
- Jon’s so clean he’s almost boring. Where Don Draper is danger and doubt and inner demons, Jon seems totally uncomplicated. Very little intrigue. It’s not very exciting. Especially when he rarely walks around with his shirt off. If you have to behave, at least behave by giving the ladies some shots of you in the shower. See Hugh Jackman.
- Limited reach: it’s the Sexiest Man Alive. Based primarily, yes, in America but there has to be some international reach. Consider Jackman, Damon, Clooney, Depp – there’s a substantial worldwide base. Jon Hamm fans can argue until they’re blue in the face. He is not a household name.
- The TV cockblock – ask Patrick Dempsey. Hamm is not a movie star. He’s also not the son of a president or a prince. Television actors don’t do well in this race. They typically finish in 2nd place.
Odds: 20 to 1