- Shonda Rhimes has created in Derek Shepherd the MiniVan Majority’s Perfect Man: he is a doctor, he has great hair, he is soft spoken, he adores a loser like Meredith and gives sensitive speeches inside elevators, and of course he is handsome.
- in real life he is happily married (reportedly) and a doting father to three children, two of them twins. The MiniVan Majority loves twins.
- he races cars. In America, NASCAR is a big deal.
- Grey’s Anatomy sucks ass
- much as he’d like to be, Dempsey is not Clooney. And he’ll never be Clooney. It’s too late for him to make that leap from tv doctor to silver screen god. And as mentioned before, the SMA is almost NEVER a tv actor. TV is too small.
- Dempsey is not an overwhelming international star. Put him on a carpet in Cannes next to any of the big three and he’d not only get overlooked, he’d probably get trampled.
Odds: 35 to 1
Patrick’s time came and went. His best bet was last year. Too bad, so sad