Daniel & Rachel’s funky timeline
After several weeks of speculations, we know now that TMZ was right. When they broke news that Rachel Weisz and Darren Aronofsky were splitting, they also very subtly suggested that Daniel Craig was behind it:
“…sources tell TMZ Rachel has been linked to "James Bond" star Daniel Craig for months. They worked together on the upcoming flick, "Dream House," in February and March of 2010.”
The two were caught over Christmas on a romantic getaway to Dorset Village, holding hands, super “clingy” per witnesses, leaving no doubt that they are together…which obviously brings up the next question: since when? Here’s how the timeline breaks down:
- Dream House wrapped in March
- Craig and Satsuki Mitchell were still together in New York in May, seemingly happy, at the Met Gala. This is their last public outing.
- Weisz was at Aronofsky’s side in September for Black Swan and TIFF
- November 9th TMZ has the exclusive that Weisz and Aronofsky are done. Weisz’s team appears to be unprepared for the story, prompting a publicist to issue a hasty confirmation that it was over “months” ago
- No denials or confirmations of anything re: Daniel Craig
- December 26 News of the World captures the two on Christmas holiday seemingly in love
So… did they get into it on set? Did they step out on their respective partners? Did they try to suppress their attraction and finally succumb? Did they deceive Satsuki and Aronofsky? UK gossips are suggesting that Weisz had not told Aronofsky about her relationship with Craig. This however comes from the Daily Mail, not exactly a bastion of reliability. They’re quoting a source who says that:
“It’s not the way she wanted Darren to find out about (Rachel) and Daniel. He obviously knew about the rumours they were seeing each other, but he’d rather have heard it from Rachel’s own lips. It’s the least he deserves.”
The Daily Mail is bullsh-t most of the time, yes. But in this case…something seems shady, non? It feels like these two pulled a high-end LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian and, just like LeAnn and Eddie, snuck around like teenagers until they inevitably got found out.
Really curious now to see how this plays. Because Daniel Craig is intensely private. He’s almost paranoid about it. And this is about as public as it gets. Once their lust haze wears off, there will be trouble. Trust.
Oh and PS – the rumours are already starting to fly around that she’s pregnant. Nothing slamdunk so far, just speculation though it would hardly, hardly be surprising.
Click here to see the first photos of Weisz and Craig as a couple.
File photos from Bowers/Gettyimages.com